Wednesday 25 June 2014

A little Altered Album with a POEsie :o)

Today I am sharing a little altered album that I am entering into Quoth the Raven, Nevermore's challenge 'A bunch of Poesies'.  You can find the details here : http://poequoththeraven.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/quoth-raven-quest-33-bunch-of-poesies.html  They have some great challenges, definitely worth a look.



I started off with a small 6 x 6 inch blank album on which the cover was embossed with 'Remember', I coloured the cover with Distress Stain in Black Soot and then used Rub'n'Buff to highlight the word.  It reminded me of the line 'Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December, And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor' I stuck a royalty free image of Edgar Allan Poe to the cover and embellished it with a copper filigree corner and a small charm of a raven which I also used Rub'n'Buff on.  I die cut some flowers in black crepe paper and gold tissue paper, sticking them to the cover also.




 
 



For the inner pages I used various papers and added both printed and stamped images to fit the theme of 'The Raven'  I then tied the pages together with some black lace ribbon. 

I'm really pleased with the result and hope you like it too.

Thanks for reading :o)
Stefanie xx



2 comments:

  1. Oooh - that is fabulous. :-)
    You are still in with a chance as we have extended the deadline to 3rd JULY due to Admin problems :-)
    Thank you very much for playing along at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ike - I've been back over and the Inklinkz tool was open again so I've added my link. Glad you like it :o) xx

    ReplyDelete