Sunday 10 August 2014

A workshop with Ali-Craft

Last weekend I spent a lovely day crafting with Ali and Ian from Ali-Craft  a great supplier of crafty goodness including Graphic 45 and of course Tim Holtz - they are a lovely couple too :o)  One of the best bits though was finding another crafting venue only an hour or so from where I live - brilliant!

/

The aim of the workshop was to make a mini storage box following the instructions provided by Anne here at Redanne - this being her design I won't share all the measurements etc here as that wouldn't be fair but I will show you a few of the progress photos I took on the day, along with the finished box - which I just love!!



When we arrived we had two sheets of 12" x 12" mountboard waiting for us and the first step was to cut and score this down in the relevant pieces to make the box outer, a shelf and a central divider.


We then also made a little drawer. and once these were assembled we painted them :o)



As well as the drawer the box contains four little booklets two of which are an ideal for holding ATCs (you may have noticed I love ATCs!!) and the other two are designed with inner pages that can be journalled on or decorated any way you like.  



Above are a few pictures of the finished storage box once the sides, drawer front and album spines had been decorated with G45 papers and had mini fasteners attached.  I'm really pleased with it and am looking forward to filling it with ATCs and journalling techniques I learn along the way :o)

Thanks for reading
Stefanie xx



1 comment:

  1. A great finished project Stefanie
    Glad you had a good day, and as you say, a bit thanks to the lovely Anne for sharing this with us all
    will share it over to my Facebook page
    take care and hope to see you soon
    ali x

    ReplyDelete