Wednesday 28 January 2015

Playing along with Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 :o)

Hi there, thanks for popping by :o)

Today I am sharing my take on Tim's January tag - I really enjoyed having a go at this and I'm pleased to get it done before the end of the month!  For those who don't know, starting in 2012, Tim Holtz has given a tag tutorial each month and challenged crafters to come up with their own take on it, I wanted to join in last year, but my health being as it was I struggled to even get started.  This year I am determined to join in each and every month (fingers crossed!!)

Here is a little glimpse of Tim's 2015 January tag & if you click here you will jump over to his tutorial :o)

I won't detail all the steps for the tag here, as if you want to join in yourself you should pop over to Tim's blog and have a look there.

I also needed to do two ATCs for one of the Facebook challenge group I'm in, and the theme was 'Resolutions', I decided that this layout would be great to adapt for the ATCs too, so that is what I've done.

The starting point for the tag is texturing some Tissue Wrap, I used Tim's 'Melange' for this:


Then the base is coloured using Distress Paints and Sprays, I used a slightly different combination on mine which gave them a more tan/greeny look. Next Tim used some Alpha Parts to make up the year, unfortunately I don't have these (despite my ever growing collection of all things Tim!) so I used some chipboard letters and numbers for this.  I also don't yet have the Chit-Chat stickers for the next step, so for this I used some of my favourite wordy stamps.


And here are the words edged with Distress Inks and then stuck into place:



The chipboard letters were coloured using a copper leafing Krylon pen, and stuck down in place.  I added a brad to each of the ATCs and on the Tag, which I wanted to use as a focus for myself for the coming year, I added a little bulb embellishment with the word 'ME' on it.  A few splatters of paint and finished!



I've really loved playing along, and I'm really pleased with the way the texture and colour built up!  I can't wait to see February's tag now (just as well it's only a few days away!!)

Thanks for reading :o)
Steffi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment